As if distracted driving wasn’t bad enough, the BMW Motorrad Smartphone Cradle is now available at all BMW Motorrad retailers. In Germany the Smartphone Cradle can be purchased for a price of €195 ($217) including 19% added value tax.
The German maker crows that “navigating, telephoning, enjoying music and much more else – the skills of modern smartphones are multiple and made for turning motorcycling and scootering even more comfortable and eventful.” Given the small margin for error on a ‘donor cycle,’ eventful can have more than one meaning.
Mounting the smartphone cradle works by using the BMW Motorrad Navigator holder, which is not included. Depending on the model, in Germany this holder is available at a price starting from €65.
Highlights of the BMW Motorrad Smartphone Cradle
- Designed for smartphones up 5 inches
- Robust plastic hard case
- Anti-slip, vibration and shock impeding gel pad shelf
- Able to fasten smartphones quickly and safely to the handlebar clamps
- Optimum rider´s readability and handling
- In horizontal or upright positions
- See-through anti-reflection flex foil
- Power supply is made by the onboard socket (special accessory)
- Charging is done via micro-USB or the wireless way according to Qi standards
- Light-emitting diode for charging state