Chevrolet just before a disastrous outing at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona introduced the 2019 Corvette Drivers Series special edition Grand Sport models designed in collaboration with the Corvette Racing team. (Daytona 24 Hours Discounted 50% as Rain Marks Down Race and John Bishop – Sports Car Racing Legend – to be Posthumously inducted into the Motorsports Hall of Fame)
Like the Corvette Racing C7.R race cars, the Grand Sport-based Drivers Series models have a naturally aspirated V8 engine. The 6.2L LT1 engine is rated at 460 horsepower (343 kW)- thismakes for sub-4 seconds zero-60 mph ETs. Also like the race cars they have a dry-sump oiling system designed to support high-performance track driving.
Each of the four versions has a specific exterior color and “unique graphics package” inspired by Corvette Racing drivers Tommy Milner, Oliver Gavin, Jan Magnussen and Antonio Garcia.
Offered on Grand Sport 1LT, 2LT and 3LT trims, the color and graphics packages for the vehicles include:
Tommy Milner Edition: Elkhart Lake Blue exterior with silver stripes and red hash marks, body-color mirrors, black wheels with red stripe and red brake calipers. Jet Black Suede interior (leather seats on 1LT) with red seat belts.
Oliver Gavin Edition: Shadow Gray exterior with Torch Red center stripe and Torch Red hash marks, Carbon Flash mirrors, black wheels with red stripe, red brake calipers. Adrenaline Red interior with red seat belts.
Jan Magnussen Edition: Arctic White exterior with Crystal Red stripes and gray hash marks, body-color mirrors, black wheels with red stripe and red brake calipers. Jet Black interior with red seat belts; red stitching on 3LT trim.
Antonio Garcia Edition: Racing Yellow exterior with “Jake” stinger stripe, red hash marks, Carbon Flash mirrors, black wheels with red stripe and red brake calipers. Jet Black interior; yellow stitching on 3LT trim.
Each edition receives a driver-specific interior plaque and other unique trim details, and models with the 3LT trim include carbon fiber interior trim.
- Wide fenders and rear quarter panels that for large 19×10-inch front and 20×12-inch rear wheels wrapped with Michelin Pilot Super Sport run-flat summer-only tires.
- Functional brake ducts and enhanced cooling package.
- Brembo brake system with 14.6-inch (370 mm) rotors and six-piston calipers in front and 14.4-inch (365 mm) rotors and four-piston calipers in the rear.
- Magnetic ride control, specific stabilizer bars and unique springs.
- Electronic limited-slip differential.
- Five-position Driver Mode Selector with 12 vehicle modes to fit the driver’s environment.
- Optional Z07 package adds larger carbon ceramic-matrix brake rotors and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 summer-only tires. Don’t try these in heavy rain or during the winter.
- Leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel.
- Front Curb View Camera2 on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Head-up display included on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Heated and ventilated leather-appointed seats on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Leather-wrapped interior with suede upper interior trim included on 3LT.
The Corvette Drivers Series packages will be available this spring and have an additional MSRP of $4,995 for 1LT $65,900 and 2LT $73,255 trims and $5,995 for the 3LT $75,645 trim – plus $995 shipping for each.