The Chicago Auto Show 2020 public show dates are Feb. 8-17. There is a new website with updated online ticketing and additional social media integration. (Midwest Automotive Media Association Family Vehicles of Year, Pacifica Family Vehicle of Year – Midwest Auto Media Assn)
What purports to be the nation’s largest and best-attended auto show, held annually at McCormick Place, will open to the public Saturday, Feb. 8, and run through Monday, Feb. 17, Presidents Day. The show is open 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. each day, except for the final day of the show, Presidents Day, when it closes at 8 p.m.
The show’s producer, the Chicago Automobile Trade Association, says visitors can see ~1,000 of the industry’s latest cars, trucks and SUVs. There will be demonstrations of innovative technology; interactive exhibits featuring virtual reality simulators; family-friendly activities; special appearances from celebrities and sports icons; and special themed days.
In addition to the latest production, concept and exotic vehicles, the show has opportunities for attendees to get behind the wheel through indoor and outdoor ride-and-drive experiences.
“With more than 1 million square feet of exhibit space, the Chicago Auto Show has something that will appeal to everyone,” said 2020 Chicago Auto Show Chairman Tony Guido. “Whether or not you’re in the market for a new vehicle, the show provides a great opportunity to experience the latest technology and safety features found in today’s cars, trucks and SUVs.”
- Sports Team Pride Day on Feb. 10 (wear a Chicago team jersey for discounted admission)
- Women’s Day on Feb. 11 (women admitted at a discounted price)
- A Safe Haven Food Drive from Feb. 12-14 (bring three cans of food for discounted admission)
- Telemundo Hispanic Heritage Day on Feb. 14 (Telemundo hosts interactive activities and a live TV broadcast from the show floor)
- Chicago Friday Night Flights the evening of Feb. 14 (more than a dozen local breweries offer samples of popular craft beer)
- Family Day on Feb. 17 (The Daily Herald hosts a day of family fun and programming; Presidents Day also means a school holiday for many children)
Tickets are available for purchase at www.ChicagoAutoShow.com or at McCormick Place ticket booths throughout the public show. Prices are $13 for adults, $8 for seniors aged 62 or older, $8 for children ages 7-12 and children 6 and younger are admitted free when they accompany a paying adult.