Carly says it can connect drivers with the information inside their cars through its universal adapter. Claimed to be the first of its kind application, the universal plug-in adapter works with a car’s on-board diagnostics (OBD) port and pairs with an “easy-to-use app.” The adapter is available for purchase today, with the Carly app available on both the Apple and Google Play stores. In the European market, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers and more than 80,000 diagnostics are run daily.
Carly sees potential in the U.S. market. “We saw that there was already a lot of demand for a product like Carly in the U.S., with 30% of our existing sales coming from U.S. customers organically and our company seeing 50-100% growth annually,” said Carly founder and CEO Avid Avini.
“Most American consumers aren’t aware of this potential access to their car’s data. We’re excited to educate and empower U.S. drivers, transforming the relationship they have with their cars,” Avini said.
Carly says its technology works all brands and models built from 2000 onwards, enabling drivers to make wise used car purchases, discover problems in their vehicle, and customize their car to fit their needs. However, the app appears at the moment to be Euro-centric in its advanced aspects. There are features that only work on certain types of cars because some models don’t offer the necessary data and technology in order to make these changes.
What Works Universally:
- Diagnosing the health of the car
- Checking emission systems
- Reading out live data from your car
Carly’s Universal Adapter Has Claimed Benefits:
- Health – Identify the current state of your car. The feature gives you a rating (from “Excellent” to “Very Bad”) of your car’s health. It is based on the number and severity level of faults that were detected. You can view, download and email health reports as pdf files. This feature works for all car brands and can identify potential issues 3-6 months before they show as a warning light on the dash.
- Used Car Check – check a vehicle’s data and mileage info to detect any instances of mileage tampering. This is helpful when looking to buy a used car to ensure the seller’s claims are accurate. This works for car brands including BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Seat and Skoda.
- Customization – unlock hidden features in your car, like changing the behavior of your lights, turning off certain audible notifications and more. This feature works for car brands including BMW, Volkswagen, Audi, Seat and Skoda.
- Live Data – see live engine parameters and advanced data meant for knowledgeable car enthusiasts (e.g., oil temperature). This feature helps car owners make more informed decisions about possible problems. This feature works for all car brands.
Carly’s Universal Adapter is available to purchase for $79.90. The annual subscription ranges from free to $64, depending on the car brand and feature you’d like to use, and offers unlimited access to all features and updates supported by your car. The Carly app is available on both the Apple and Google Play stores.
Founded in 2014 in Munich, Germany, Carly connects drivers with the information hidden inside their cars. Carly offers the only direct-to-consumer app that works for all car brands and allows car owners to access data and hidden features in their vehicle.