Ford Motor’sdesign members worked with Ford Performance to create a one-of-a-kind F-150 Raptor – inspired by the F-22 fighter jet – for auction at Experimental Aircraft Association AirVenture Oshkosh. Ford F-22 F-150 Raptor raised $300,000 to benefit the group’s Young Eagles.
Ford claims the F-150 Raptor “shares key F-22 design details, including red and green position lights in front that enhance left and right mirror skull caps, unique glossy and matte exterior cues.”
Ford F-22 F-150 Raptor modifications include a Whipple-intercooled, high-output 3.5-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost rated at 545 horsepower and 660 lb.-ft. of torque, carbon fiber bodywork, larger custom wheels, upgraded brakes and modular off-road exterior lighting
Ford has raised more than $3 million for the annual event since 2008 by creating collector’s edition vehicles, with F-22 F-150 Raptor the premier offering at this year’s live gala on 28 July 28. Ford served as exclusive automotive sponsor of the 2017 AirVenture Oshkosh fly-in at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
The F-22 F-150 Raptor was purchased by Gary Ackerman of Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas, Nevada. Ackerman serves as Honorary Commander/Ambassador for the United States Airforce’s F-22 Squadron at Nellis Airforce Base in Nevada.
Ford F-22 Highlights
- Whipple-intercooled, high-output 3.5-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost rated at 545 horsepower and 660 lb.-ft. of torque
- Modified Addictive Desert Design front suspension and bump stop kit
- Deaver rear spring pack to provide a progressive suspension
- Fox bypass series shocks with adjustable compression and rebound valving to customize damping for on-road and off-road use
- Innov8 Racing custom forged beadlock wheels with Falcon Wildpeak tires
- Upgraded Alcon six-piston painted calipers, oversized rotors, high-friction pads
- Modular off-road 1.3-million candela LED lighting system by KC Hilites
- Kicker audio system with 1,500 watts of amplification
- Sherwin-Williams exterior paint integrating F-22 Raptor jet cues including titanium grille with front silhouette of the aircraft; jet cues – on the interior too
- Amp Research power retracting steps
- DeBerti two-tire, gas and ProEagle jack holder
- LineX sprayed bedliner
- All-stainless-steel cat-back Borla exhaust system with carbon fiber tips
- DeBerti carbon fiber fender flares, hood and fender vents
- Paint hand-cut and polished to a mirror finish by Independent Detail
Gathering of Eagles is traditionally held at the Experimental Aircraft Association AirVenture Museum, drawing more than 1,000 aviation enthusiasts. Learn more about the association and its Gathering of Eagles by calling 800.236.1023 or emailing gathering@EAA.org. Learn more about the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor fighter jet at www.lockheedmartin.comf/22.