Maven, General Motors’ personal mobility or car sharing brand, is adding more than 100 Chevrolet Bolt EVs in the Los Angeles market, allowing for a claimed ~250,000 all electric miles per month. Once fully deployed, more than 100 Bolt EVs will be available in Maven Los Angeles. Maven City car sharing in Los Angeles has seen an average of 56 percent member growth month-over-month since launching in October 2016. (Maven Launches City Car Sharing in Atlanta)
The Chevrolet Bolt EV, with an EPA-estimated range of 238 miles, has launched in Los Angeles in Maven City car sharing and the Lyft Express Drive program. Maven supplies vehicles for Lyft’s Express Drive program, providing Lyft drivers with access to weekly rentals of GM vehicles in some cities.
As always with EVs, infrastructure is problematic. To support the Bolt EV, drivers will have access to free charging for a limited time via the entire EVgo Freedom Station network throughout California. Maven is also working with each of California’s investor-owned utilities, as well as Los Angeles Department of Water & Power, on infrastructure projects that it says can help encourage the use of EVs in the so-called sharing economy.
Maven says it plans to collaborate with additional metropolitan cities to advance the development of future applications, including a fully electric autonomous network of vehicles tied to mass transportation stations.
- In 13 months, Maven has launched three car sharing products and has grown to 17 cities in the U.S. and Canada: Ann Arbor, Michigan; Atlanta; Baltimore; Boston; Chicago; Denver; Detroit; Los Angeles; Jersey City, New Jersey; Nashville, Tennessee; New York City; Orlando, Florida; Phoenix; San Diego; San Francisco; Washington, D.C.; and Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
- Maven has more than 24,000 members who have made more than 27,500 reservations.
- Maven members have traveled more than 78 million miles.
- The average Maven City trip is 121 miles and lasts more than 12 hours.
- The Lyft Express Drive program with Maven in Los Angeles is currently the largest in the nation.