- Cadillac LYRIC – Taking Back the Luxury EV Lead?
- Nissan to Keep Production and Employment in Spain
- BMW Posts $786 Million Loss in Q2. Sales Off -25%
- Carvana Q2 Results – Sales, Revenue Up by Double Digits
- COVID-19 Auto Related Closings, Openings, Closings
- Auto Plant Downtime Looming as COVID-19 Thrives?
- Ford Motor Changes CEO from Jim Hackett to Jim Farley
- GM and EVgo to Add EV Fast Chargers Nationwide
- GM Offers Three New 350 Service Engines
- A New Leaf – Nissan Takes Electricity to Pay for Parking
- Ford Motor Q2- Sales Drop -53%. Debt Grows $10B
- Lordstown and Lithium. A New GM Constellation is Rising
- GM Loses $800 Million in Covid Q2. NA Sales Drop -62%
- Don’t Hold Your Breathe Waiting for the New Hummer EV
- Snapshot – The Trump Economic Depression
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: airbag recall
These vehicles had their passenger frontal air bag inflators previously replaced under a prior recall using Takata inflators of the same design. The inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling. Continue reading
A Kia recall is now active for model year 2007-2008 Sorento passenger cars manufactured from June 15, 2006 through November 27, 2007. The safety recall is prompted by a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) analysis that showed complaints about the passenger side airbag were higher than those of other vehicles. The Korean maker Kia disagreed, but has recalled the Sorento to prevent a dispute with NHTSA and it obvious negative effects on its quality image.
Toyota has been aware of the problem since October of 2007, and changed the software in new vehicles in 2008, and yet did not recall the defective vehicles. Previous such coverups resulted in record fines imposed on Toyota by NHTSA in 2010 for failure to act promptly on a safety defect. Continue reading
Jaguar Land Rover North America is recalling model year 2010-2011 LR2 sport utility models for a defective driver’s side airbag that may not deploy because of, yes, an electrical problem. Continue reading