- NHTSA Imposes Engine Recalls, Penalties at Hyundai, Kia
- Toyota and Hino Heavy-Duty Fuel-Cell Electric Truck Verification Tests Start in the Spring of 2022
- CARB Alters and Adds Stationary Source Emissions Measurements to Improve Local Air Pollution and Health
- Trump Covid Casualties – State Sales Tax Collections Dive
- NHTSA Nixes GM Petition for Exclusion of Millions of Big Trucks and SUVs from Takata Airbag Recalls
- Grim Survey – a Nation of Broke and Broken Shopkeepers?
- Porsche Q3 in Black at €437 Million Because of VW
- Vijay Sankaran Rejects Information Officer Job at Ford
- GM’s Factory ZERO – First U.S. Plant to Install 5G
- GM Doubles Down on EVs in Bid to Win Global Race
- JLR to Use Irish Smart City Hub for Self-Driving Tests?
- Truck Wars – 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 470hp V8
- GMC 2021 Canyon AT4 Off-Road Performance Edition
- Plug&Charge Pay on Mustang Mach-E, Porsche Taycan
- Driver Phone Distraction During 41% of Daytime Trips
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: akio toyoda
Wacky marketing babble alert: “Through the evolution of artificial intelligence, I think that cars, too, can also become able to communicate with people and their hearts. that’s right… I think cars of the future will be like horses. Continue reading
Toyota wants to change from an automobile manufacturing company into – what else – a mobility company that offers a range of services to society of the future. Until now, Toyota has strengthened alliances between Toyota Group companies and other automobile manufacturers and new companies offering mobility services to create partnerships. The next steps are murky. Continue reading
The plant would have an annual production capacity of approximately 300,000 units. Pending approvals and authorization by government agencies, the companies will begin to examine detailed plans with the goal of starting operations in 2021. The plant will require a total investment of approximately $1.6 billion, and will create up to 4,000 jobs. Continue reading
Both General Motors Company and Volkswagen Group, at more than 8 million vehicles each, will outsell Toyota’s 2011 sales tally of fewer than 8 million in a record global market of 75 million vehicles. Continue reading
Vowing that “Toyota will lead the way to the future of mobility,” Toyoda, the scion of the founding family, said the executive staff would be streamlined and more decision making power would now reside in the regions.
The unintended acceleration and stuck gas pedal recalls were only undertaken by Toyota after years of neglect when U.S. Department of Transportation officials flew to Japan and insisted on the safety recalls. U.S. Toyota executives were only responsible for sales matters and were powerless to address the issue. Subsequently, DOT imposed record multi million dollar fines on Toyota for delays in addressing the deadly problem.