- Pete Lyons Wins Royal Automobile Club Award for Shadow: The Magnificent Machines of a Man of Mystery
- Ford Q3 Net Income at $2.4B Treads Water. Q4 $500M Loss?
- US Vehicle Sales to Rise in October?
- Ferrari Recalls 812 Superfast for Rear Glass Blowouts
- GM Defense Delivers First Infantry Squad Vehicle to US Army
- Multinationals Liable For Supply Chains? Swiss Vote Due
- Leasys Tweaks Noleggio Chiaro with ‘Light’ Model
- Random Covid Curiosities
- Daimler Q3 Covid Results – Sales, Revenue Down. Earnings Up
- Groupe Renault Q3 Revenues -8% at €10,374m, Sales -6%
- California Remains Below 2020 Emissions Target
- CARB Warns Vehicle, Engine Makers on Emissions Cheating
- ZF Seatbelt Retractor Recall Bites Corvette, Jeep, Ram
- Chinese, Malaysian owned Lotus Engineering Expands Hethel
- InoBat – First Battery Developed With Artificial Intelligence?
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: Amazon Web Services
Toyota and Amazon Web Services Working on Connected Cars, Ridesharing, Driving Behavior-Based Insurance…
It’s the latest example of an emerging trend among automakers to offer owners and lessees thus far unclear advantages of processing and analyzing data from vehicle use from Toyota’s growing worldwide fleet of connected vehicles. Nowhere in the announcement was an acknowledgement that the use of such customer data raises vast unaddressed privacy, security and law enforcement concerns. Continue reading
Leaving aside for the moment giant unresolved privacy issues and how companies can sell your personal information their benefit not yours, data is needed to help engineers and researchers create software that can teach self-driving vehicles how to analyze their environments. This software used to be called the driver. Continue reading
Ford, Autonomic, Amazon Web Services to Collaborate on Advanced Vehicle Connectivity. Future Boon or Debacle?
Ford Motor Company and the creators of the Transportation Mobility Cloud (TMC) Autonomic have signed a multi-year, global agreement with Amazon Web Services (AWS), which will allegedly expand the availability of cloud connectivity services and connected car application development services for the transportation industry. Continue reading