- Medical Marijuana’s Role in Easing the Opioid Epidemic?
- Groupe Renault Changes Execs – outsider Luca de Meo as CEO, Clotilde Delbos Deputy CEO
- MAMA Finalists for Family Vehicle of the Year Awards
- EU Passenger Car Registrations Barely Up in 2019
- Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series I – Best in Arizona Auction?
- Isuzu, Honda to Research on Fuel-Cell HD Trucks and Vehicles
- Genesis Launches Its First SUV – GV80
- Punch It Performance and Tuning to Stop Selling Illegal Devices to Defeat Emissions Controls
- Subaru America Recalls Exploding Takata Air Bag Inflators
- Land Rover, Mitsubishi Top 2020 Maker Website Ratings
- Ford Motor Declares $0.15 Dividend for Q1 2020
- Japanese Issue Arrest Warrant for Wife of Carlos Ghosn
- Uber and Hyundai Show Full-Scale Air Taxi at CES
- Electronic Sales Process – Power Acquires Trilogy Automotive
- Nissan Blasts Ghosn as Unfit to Serve as An Executive
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: Avalon
Toyota Motor Sales is recalling 803,000 Model Year 2012-2013 Camry, Camry Hybrid, Avalon, Avalon Hybrid, and Venza vehicles because the air bags may not deploy. Continue reading
Toyota claims its new 2013 Avalon is 110 lbs. lighter than the 2012 model, at 3,461 lbs. compared to 3,571 for the 2012 model. When Avalon arrives at dealerships later this fall, it will be the lightest-weight vehicle in the premium mid-size segment, according to the world’s largest automaker.
This is a claim without a real distinction, though. The V6 powered Avalon is EPA-rated at 25 mpg combined and 21 city, 31 highway – not exactly world beating. For comparison consider the Buick La Crosse, which comes standard with a mild hybrid or so-called e-assist system, is rated at 29 combined, 25 city and 36 highway. Continue reading
Both of the new ES models are based on – and use the same gas and hybrid powertrains – as the 2013 Toyota Avalon, which seems an unusually strong car from both technical and design viewpoints. Avalon will not only give Ford Taurus, Buick La Crosse and Chevrolet Impala strong competition next year in a full-size car segment once dominated by the Detroit Three, but it will challenge the new Lexus ES as well. Continue reading
A day of test-driving both of the front-drive mid-size cars shows that once again, these are well-equipped, quiet luxury models. However, Lexus engineers have abandoned the plush ride that made its name, for a distinctly German chassis setup that verges on the harsh and intrusive. Lexus executives claim that this is what customers want, which could come as news to the one million ES owners. This theory will be tested after the cars are priced – and the strong Yen will be a factor here – and final EPA numbers are attached to their window stickers. Continue reading
Toyota Motor Sales today announced that it will conduct a safety recall involving approximately 283,200 Toyota and 137,000 Lexus vehicles to replace the crankshaft pulley on the V6 engine. No other Toyota or Lexus vehicles or these Toyota models with 4 cylinder engines are involved. Continue reading
Technically the technical service bulletin or TSB sent to dealers is not a formal Toyota safety recall. But this Toyota technical service bulletin, since it involves possible damage to the gas pedal by technicians while conducting the safety recall for stuck gas pedals on Camry, Camry Hybrid and Avalon models, is a potential safety issue. Continue reading