- EU Passenger car registrations Barely Up in 2019
- Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series I – Best in Arizona Auction?
- Isuzu, Honda to Research on Fuel-Cell HD Trucks and Vehicles
- Genesis Launches Its First SUV – GV80
- Punch It Performance and Tuning to Stop Selling Illegal Devices to Defeat Emissions Controls
- Subaru America Recalls Exploding Takata Air Bag Inflators
- Land Rover, Mitsubishi Top 2020 Maker Website Ratings
- Ford Motor Declares $0.15 Dividend for Q1 2020
- Japanese Issue Arrest Warrant for Wife of Carlos Ghosn
- Uber and Hyundai Show Full-Scale Air Taxi at CES
- Electronic Sales Process – Power Acquires Trilogy Automotive
- Nissan Blasts Ghosn as Unfit to Serve as An Executive
- Ford Motor US Sales Down in -3% 2019 as War Worries Increase
- Hyundai Motor 2020 Business Direction – Electrification, Autonomous Vehicles, Mobility Services. Sound Familiar?
- Reuters Reports Carlos Ghosn Jumps Bail Before His Trial and Flees Japan for Lebanon Where He Can’t Be Extradited
News from PR Newswire
- GM and Honda to Make Fuel Cells in Michigan on
- Hyundai Motor Group Refines Active Noise Control on
- All-Electric Ford Mach-E ‘SUV’ Debuts in 2020 on
- SEC Charges and Settles False Financial Disclosures Against Nissan, Former CEO Carlos Ghosn, Former Director Greg Kelly on
- FAA Finally Announces Registration Rules for Drones – UAS on
Tag Archives: bmw group
BMW Group and Daimler Mobility Hoping to Profit on Joint Ventures. Monetizing a Monopoly or a Joint Survival Bid?
Here’s their commercial aimed at the capital markets and potential customers: “The services offered by the joint ventures will continue to be tailored to customer needs and clustered into three pillars – 1: Free Now. 2: Share Now. 3:Park Now & Charge Now. The introduction of a new umbrella organization, effective 1 January 2020, will support management of these three offerings. Continue reading
Today, the MINI product lineup has a model range of five vehicles – the MINI Hardtop 2 Door, MINI Hardtop 4 Door, MINI Convertible, MINI Clubman and MINI Countryman. Continue reading
Well starting four days from now prices will likely include a 5% tariff decreed by President Trump that increases by 5% each month until it stops – so far – at 25%. Every BMW Group vehicle today already contains at least one part from one of our 220 Mexican suppliers. Continue reading
The company’s manufacturing capabilities support arange of in-vehicle electronic components for the automotive industry, including intelligent video driving recorders and computing models. Continue reading
Mobility Company Capital Destruction. Latest German JV Attempts to Lessen Negative Effects on Shareholder Value
It’s just the latest example of the capital intensive, shareholder-value destroying transition to an ill-defined, but demonstrably expensive mobility company that all automakers are now pursuing. Continue reading
Buried at the bottom of the release was the following threat clearly aimed in AutoInformed’s view at President “tariff” Trump and his owning trade bluster and politically motivated policies that are threatening US jobs. Continue reading
“To advance autonomous driving technology, it is vital to form partnerships among automakers, technology providers and suppliers,” said FCA Chief Executive Officer Sergio Marchionne, whose financially fragile company or parts of it are being explored for possible sale by a Chinese automaker.
The BMW Group increased revenues during 2012 by 11.7% to €76.8 billion (~$99.7 billion) based on sales of 1,845,186 of BMW, Mini and Rolls-Royce brand vehicles delivered to customers worldwide, making it the largest maker of luxury automobiles. The Group also sold more than 117,000 motorcycles. Continue reading
The BMW Group sold 123,276 BMW, Mini and Rolls-Royce brand vehicles in January up from 112,164 in 2011 and a record for the month of January. Continue reading
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars said today that Giles Taylor is appointed Design Director, effective 1 July 2012. Taylor will report to Adrian van Hooydonk, Senior Vice President BMW Group Design. Taylor replaces Ian Cameron, who retires from the role he has held since 1999. Continue reading
The BMW Group recorded record sales, revenues and earning during Q1 2012, as the number of vehicles sold by the Group rose by 11.2% to 425,528 units from 382,758 during Q1 of 2011. The BMW, Mini and Rolls-Royce brands all recorded new sales records. This included BMW brand motorcycles at 24,373, +5.5%, which was also the best Q1 sales performance in the company’s history. Continue reading
Strong sales of sport utility vehicles and luxury cars, the booming China market and cost cutting were all factors in the blowout year. The BMW Group continues to contradict the conventional wisdom that scale is required to succeed in the global auto industry, since it operates largely in premium segments or gets a premium for its products in other segments. Continue reading
The BMW Group during 2011 will improve on record earnings set in 2010 and increase them again in 2012 claimed Norbert Reithofer, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG on Tuesday in Munich.
It was the latest sign that the auto industry is coming back, especially in high margin luxury vehicle segments. The BMW prediction follows records the world’s larger luxury make set in 2010. Continue reading
As a result of the strong comeback the BMW Board of Management and the Supervisory Board will propose that the dividend be increased to €1.30 (2009: 0.30) per share of common stock and €1.32 (2009 € 0.32) per share of preferred stock at the annual meeting in May.
Both proposed dividends are record highs. The odds that shareholders will vote down such increases are close to nil. Continue reading