- Japanese-brand Automakers Generate 1.52 Million Jobs in US
- Trump Tariffs Hurt New Auto Prices, Jobs, Consumers
- Woodstock Revisited? Volkswagen ‘Light’ Bus Recreated
- EU Passenger car registrations ‐4.6% in January 2019
- Battery Handlers or Sorters Untrained, at Risk from Lithium
- Doomsday? No-Deal Brexit Impact on UK Light Vehicle Market
- J.D. Power – Most Owners Love Their Three-Year-Old Wheels
- Travelers Attacks Distracted Driving, Cybersecurity, Weather
- The UK’s First Independent 5G Test Bed for CAVs Now Live
- FAA Playing Catchup on Drones. Again.
- Most Loved Vehicle Awards – Tesla and Chevrolet
- Rubber Soul? First-Ever UX to Celebrate a Sneaker
- Wither US Automotive Sales? Uncertainties Abound
- Cars for Cheese? EU Turning Point in Japanese Localization
- Midwest Automotive Media Association Family Vehicles of Year
News from PR Newswire
- Midwest Automotive Media Association Family Vehicles of Year on
- California Cars and Global Warming: CRC, Kraft-Heinz and Mothers Pay $1.4 Million For Violating Air Quality Rules on
- Ford Invests $1 Billion in Chicago Plants for Explorer, Police Interceptor, Lincoln Aviator on
- Cabrera Rides in Corvette at NAIAS after Disastrous 2018 on
- Unifor Inteva Canadian Plant Walks Out Against GM on
Tag Archives: chicago auto show
Ford was the No. 1 producer of vehicles in the U.S. and the leading exporter of vehicles from the U.S., building nearly 2.4 million in 2018, Ford says it employs the most hourly U.S. autoworkers. Continue reading
It was a good start in 2016 for what is billed as the “consumer auto show,” with some justification because Monroney sticker prices are on each vehicle, as opposed to automaker self-celebrations at other international shows. Continue reading
Low gas prices and insatiable demand for sport utility vehicles makes the timing right for introduction of Nissan’s flagship vehicle, the Armada, which joins the SUV/crossover lineup of the Pathfinder, Murano and Rogue later this year. This was the first … Continue reading
In an attempt to cash in on nostalgia, Volkswagen revived the Gelb Schwarzer Renner or “Yellow Black Racer,” with a touch of horsepower added at the Chicago Auto Show now underway. Instead of the 50 horsepower of the original GSR, the latest edition is rated at 210 horsepower and 207 lb.-ft. of torque. This – in road translation – means an acceleration time from zero to 60 mph in less than seven seconds. The VW toy has an electronically governed top speed of 130 mph. Continue reading
The first 2012 Camaro ZL1 offered to the public sold for $250,000 at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Las Vegas last Saturday evening. The car was offered by Fairway Chevrolet-Buick-GMC in Las Vegas, with 100% of the auction proceeds benefitting the YMCA of Southern Nevada.
Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports and chairman of Hendrick Automotive Group, placed the winning bid and is expected to take delivery of his new Camaro in the first quarter of 2012. Hendricks’s son, Greg, is the president of Fairway Chevrolet. Continue reading
Earlier, less powerful 2011 production Camaro models faced about a 300 pound weight disadvantage against the Mustang because of a larger size and more sophisticated independent rear suspension. Nonetheless, Camaro has been easily outselling the Mustang since production reached normal line speeds. Continue reading
The question that has plagued automakers and dealers since the first new-car auto show in New York City a hundred and ten years ago is whether the bottom-line expense of participating pays off in incremental sales. Continue reading
Parent company Honda is expected to report strong financial results tomorrow in Tokyo, roughly twice that of global sales leader Toyota, but its U.S. sales results have been tracking below overall market growth recently Continue reading
2012 Camaro ZL1 Coupe Debuts with 550 Horsepower; and Technology Rivaling Corvette and Cadillac at $50,000?
The 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 debuted today at the Chicago Auto Show. It will be without doubt the highest-performing Camaro, and Chevrolet claims that ZL1 is the most technically advanced car ever developed in its class.