- EU Passenger car registrations Barely Up in 2019
- Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series I – Best in Arizona Auction?
- Isuzu, Honda to Research on Fuel-Cell HD Trucks and Vehicles
- Genesis Launches Its First SUV – GV80
- Punch It Performance and Tuning to Stop Selling Illegal Devices to Defeat Emissions Controls
- Subaru America Recalls Exploding Takata Air Bag Inflators
- Land Rover, Mitsubishi Top 2020 Maker Website Ratings
- Ford Motor Declares $0.15 Dividend for Q1 2020
- Japanese Issue Arrest Warrant for Wife of Carlos Ghosn
- Uber and Hyundai Show Full-Scale Air Taxi at CES
- Electronic Sales Process – Power Acquires Trilogy Automotive
- Nissan Blasts Ghosn as Unfit to Serve as An Executive
- Ford Motor US Sales Down in -3% 2019 as War Worries Increase
- Hyundai Motor 2020 Business Direction – Electrification, Autonomous Vehicles, Mobility Services. Sound Familiar?
- Reuters Reports Carlos Ghosn Jumps Bail Before His Trial and Flees Japan for Lebanon Where He Can’t Be Extradited
News from PR Newswire
- GM and Honda to Make Fuel Cells in Michigan on
- Hyundai Motor Group Refines Active Noise Control on
- All-Electric Ford Mach-E ‘SUV’ Debuts in 2020 on
- SEC Charges and Settles False Financial Disclosures Against Nissan, Former CEO Carlos Ghosn, Former Director Greg Kelly on
- FAA Finally Announces Registration Rules for Drones – UAS on
Tag Archives: concept cars
The Number Three Japanese automaker – and perennial second place hybrid sales leader behind the clear leader Toyota – says the next-generation plug-in hybrid vehicle offers a more comfortable time in the vehicle during all driving situations, from urban to long-distance driving. Continue reading
IAA Frankfurt Motor Show Emphasizes Concepts and Electric Vehicles as Euro Zone Economic Crisis Threatens Automakers
The auto markets in the EC have declined for three straight years now, and 2011 is thus far following the same downward trend. It’s against this backdrop of political crisis and economic uncertainty that automakers are revealing cars at the Frankfurt Motor Show that are being dictated – or heavily influenced – by expensive EU regulations – with an emphasis on electric vehicles that will be required to meet impending EU CO2 standards. Continue reading
While LED lighting creates about 100 lumens per watt, laser lights generate about 170 lumens. Aside from being more efficient, the diodes used in laser lights also are much smaller, presenting the option of drastically reducing the size and shape of conventional headlights that are crucial to automotive front end design. Continue reading
While the exterior is said, with no little bombast, to be pushing the Cadillac’s Art & Science philosophy into a “new stratum,” it’s really the handsome interior that distinguishes the car and shows how far from “luxury” mass produced “luxury cars” have strayed. Continue reading
Porsche Returns to Le Mans in 2014. Will VW Group Spend Millions to Compete Against Itself with Audi in the Top Class?
Some potentially contentious racing and marketing budget allocation debates are ahead, and they will last longer than 24 hours. Will Volkswagen really spend hundreds of millions of dollars to run multiple factory teams to compete against itself? Continue reading
The Chevrolet Miray was named Best Concept Car at the 2011 Seoul Motor Show. Journalists attending the show voted their favorite cars in three categories: Best Concept Car, Best Green Car and Best Passenger Car. The Miray, which made its world premiere in Seoul, received the most votes among concept cars on display.
The Miray roadster is significant because it was developed at the General Motors Advanced Design Studio in Seoul, increasingly the source of small car work for the U.S. based and taxpayer owned GM. Continue reading
The Lexus luxury brand of Toyota Motor Sales today said that the LF-Gh hybrid concept will make its world debut at the 2011 New York International Auto Show.
The LF-Gh, which stands for Lexus Future Grand Touring Hybrid, “sets out to redefine the premium grand touring sedan,” Lexus said in a statement. LF-Gh is likely the replacement for the current and unsuccessful Lexus GS sedan, whose 1100 unit sales year-to-date are off 35%. Continue reading
Chevrolet introduced the Miray concept hybrid electric vehicle at the 2011 Seoul Motor Show today. The roadster is significant because it was developed at the General Motors Advanced Design Studio in Seoul, increasingly the source of small car work for … Continue reading
The 918’s V8 engine delivers more than 368 kW or 500 horsepower. This is increased by two electric motors with a total of at least 160 kW (218 hp). Fuel consumption of 918 Spyder is estimated at three liters of fuel per 100 kilometers (~ 74 mpg) based on the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC). Continue reading
Porsche 918 RSR Debuts in Detroit. Latest Flywheel Technology Fantasy or a Serious Le Mans Contender?
Porsche AG returned to the Detroit Auto Show for the first time in several years with a delicious 918 RSR single-seat racing car that uses a flywheel mounted on the passenger side to capture some of the energy normally wasted by converting kinetic energy to heat under braking. Continue reading