- Mahindra, Ford Agree on Connected Car, Powertrain Sharing
- Brexit Panic Takes Hold. Auto Industry Urges – Begs? – Negotiators to Avert the Business Killing Worst-Case Scenario
- EU September Passenger Car Sales Plummet
- Death Of The Diesel Continues As London Mayor Delivers Online Checker To Help Car Buyers Choose Cleaner Cars
- Penske Automotive Increases Dividend
- Fresh Frozen! Comeback of Ice Race in Zell am See
- Consumers Can Save up to $3,000 on Auto Loan Packages?
- Chinese Junk Watch: U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Warns about Unsafe Tubeez Baby Bath Support Seats, and Eddie Bauer Infant Carriers
- Variables Abound – Meet the New NAFTA
- Dieselgate – Audi Fines of ~$1 Billion hit Porsche Guidance. Porsche is Economical with the Truth on Ongoing Risks.
- Marketing Wars – New Carfax Ad Campaign. Car Fox Restyled.
- Volvo Cars Canada Debuts First Vehicle Subscription Service
- Slow News – Chevrolet SEMA Show Car Has New Exterior Color
- Gubagoo Announces Virtual Retailing for Auto Dealers to Sell Cars Through Facebook Marketplace
- Two New Porsche Panamera GTS models
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: connected car
By creating what’s claimed to be the most minimal differential update possible during OTA updates, this approach offers the potential for cost reductions as well as an allegedly better experience for consumers. Continue reading
In February 2018, Ford Smart Mobility announced its acquisition of Autonomic (Ford Forms Smart Mobility Subsidiary) to accelerate innovation and delivery speed in mobility initiatives such as full connectivity, micro-transit solutions and non-emergency medical transportation. Continue reading
The driver assistance device is made possible by precision LiDAR map data, high precision GPS, a driver attention system and a network of camera and radar sensors. It requires an active OnStar service plan with emergency services to function. Customers it’s said can drive hands-free on more than 130,000 miles of limited-access freeways in the U.S. and Canada. Continue reading
The Renault-Nissan Alliance and Transdev will develop mobility services system for autonomous vehicles. The goal is to study mobility services with fleets of electric autonomous vehicles for public and on-demand transportation. They want a comprehensive, modular transportation system to enable clients to book rides, and mobility operators to monitor and operate self-driving car fleets – in short what every major automaker is pursuing. Continue reading
Between 2017 and 2022, the global market for connected mobility is expected to grow by nearly 25% annually. Just a few years from now, cars will be an active part of the internet of things (IoT), able to communicate with other connected modes of transportation, and even with the smart home. Continue reading
Translation: more distracted driving enablers are coming. OnStar has more connected vehicles on the road than any other automaker. By the end of 2016, GM expects to have 12 million OnStar connected vehicles on the road worldwide. Continue reading
What this does for the deadly distracted driving problem remains to be seen and depends whether the driver or passengers are surfing the web. There is also risk involved; electronics in automobiles are now the largest single source of customer dissatisfaction if there are glitches, dropped voice commands, screen crashes or problems connecting portable devices. Continue reading