- 70 Years Porsche Sports Cars at Retro Classics
- New Tire Technology Needed for Electric Vehicles?
- Troubled Asset Relief Program – Total Cost $32B
- Luck o’ the Irish is a Sober DD
- Clocks Spring Forward as Recalls Tick On
- Mazda and Toyota Establish JV to build Vehicles in Alabama
- Ford Driving Skills for Life Allows Saudi Women to Participate
- US Car Sales Plummet in February. Trucks Gain Again
- Cadillac Names Deborah Wahl Global Chief Marketing Officer
- Trump Tantrum on Trade Kills Jobs, Distracts from Expanding Russian Collusion Investigations and Criminal Indictments
- Climate Change Trading Grows from Québec, California to add Ontario – Total Population 61m, 4th Largest Global Economy
- Chinese take 10% stake in Daimler. Unwelcome?
- Top Ten 2018 Vehicles
- 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio$80,000+!
- Ford Motor Shakes Up Senior Management During Sexual Harassment Debacle
Tag Archives: connected cars
Globally, DENSO claims to be a leading developer of electrification systems for automobiles, tasks involved in vehicle safety and security, and newer areas that connect vehicles and society. These systems will play a crucial role in meeting increasing electric vehicle demand, says DENSO. Continue reading
The companies want – not without substantial self-interest – a platform for data collection, accumulation, and analysis for building and administering the collection and accumulation of “huge amounts of vehicle information and other data received from large numbers of vehicles.” Continue reading
Toyota Motor will establish a Mobility Services Platform (MSPF) to collaborate with various car sharing providers, as well as telematics insurance. Continue reading
SAE International will hold three professional development courses in conjunction with Convergence 2012 this October 16-17 in Detroit. In a focus on the latest technology now used in automotive electronics, seminars will be on Autonomous Vehicle Positioning Systems, Wireless Communications in the Autonomous Connected Vehicle, and Software Architectures and Security for Connected Vehicular Systems. Continue reading
OnStar Shanghai said today that it passed two major milestones in May with its subscriber base across China reaching 450,000, and requests for Turn-by-Turn Navigation totaling 13.8 million since the launch of the telematics service in October 2009. OnStar has 6 million subscribers worldwide.
Shanghai OnStar received certification from China’s State Bureau of Surveying and Mapping in 2011, becoming the first telematics joint venture allowed offering mapping service in China. Continue reading