- More Than 80% of US Businesses Don’t Employ People?
- Genesis 2019 G70 – $48,000 Four Cylinder?
- Saudi’s to Finance Lucid EV
- 2019 Lexus UX – Another Compact Crossover
- Joys of Crossover Trucking? Largest Subaru Ever
- Off-Road Cruise Control on 2019 F-150 Raptor and Ranger
- Fix! IMSA Takes Pro Wrestling Approach to Mollify Owners
- Experienced Pro Corvette Drivers Garcia and Magnussen Maintain Lead in the IMSA GTLM Driver Championship
- Lexus LY 650 Luxury Yacht Revealed
- Schuler and Porsche Start Joint Venture for Car Body Parts
- More Trucks – Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Bison
- Hack Attacks – Connected Vehicle Cyber Security Lags
- U.S. Diversity-Visa Lottery Requests Near Record
- BMW i Ventures Takes Stake in Vera
- Harley-Davidson, Tuscany Motor Tease Concept Pickup
- Canada Frozen Out of United States-Mexico Trade Agreement on
- US DOT and EPA Want to Slash Fuel Economy Standards. Trump Administration Proposal Has Many Critics on
- Sergio Marchionne Dead at 66 on
- Sergio Marchionne Dead at 66 on
- Connectivity is Good? Connectivity is Bad? Both? Time to Reflect, Emotions Perpetuate and Increase Divisiveness on
Tag Archives: diesel emissions
Bosch Claims Diesel Record Readings of 13 mg NOx per kilometer. Too Little, Too Late to Clean Dirty Diesel Image?
The Volkswagen dieselgate scandal exposed clearly fraudulent conduct. VW, one of the world’s largest automotive groups, deliberately lied about diesel emissions and cheated during testing by using control software that resulted in dirtier diesel exhaust that was far dirtier in real driving than in the lab on a dynamometer. Continue reading
In his new role, Mr. Geanacopoulos will, as a member of the company’s Board of Directors, continue to serve on the VW’s top executive team dealing with the diesel emissions matter. His regular responsibilities will focus on the VW’s interactions with government and other institutions in the United States on all aspects of public affairs and public policy. He and the government relations team will work from a new office VW will open shortly in downtown Washington, DC. Continue reading
The vehicles covered by today’s action are the diesel versions of the 2014 VW Touareg, the 2015 Porsche Cayenne, and the 2016 Audi A6 Quattro, A7 Quattro, A8, A8L, and Q5, among the most profitable vehicles at VW Group. Continue reading
The Hagens Berman and Quinn Emanuel law firms filed a motion today in their national lawsuit against Volkswagen asking the court to order Volkswagen to provide owners of the VW diesels an immediate buyback offer at the Kelley Blue Book value Continue reading
“I am shocked by the events of the past few days. Above all, I am stunned that misconduct on such a scale was possible in the Volkswagen Group., said Winterkorn. “As CEO I accept responsibility for the irregularities that have been found in diesel engines and have therefore requested the Supervisory Board to agree on terminating my function as CEO of the Volkswagen Group.” Continue reading
Volkswagen Investigation underway for Deliberately Violating Diesel Emission Rules – $18 Billion in Fines Coming?
A sophisticated software algorithm on VW and Audi diesel engines detects when the car is undergoing official emissions testing, and turns full emissions controls on only during the test. Continue reading
Most of the country’s busiest ports are located near large metropolitan areas and, as a result, people in nearby communities can be exposed to high levels of diesel emissions. Continue reading
Union Pacific Railroad (NYSE: UNP) today unveiled an experimental locomotive that will test three emissions-reducing technologies – exhaust gas recirculation, diesel oxidation catalysts and diesel particulate filters. While automotive enthusiasts might snicker about how far behind the heavy-duty diesel engine industry is lagging what are now virtually emissions free automobiles, the new locomotive is a significant step toward meeting EPA Tier 4 emission standards that are finally addressing large commercial vehicles. Continue reading