- Consumer Reports: Infotainment, Transmissions Hurt Reliability. Detroit Three Quality Dismal
- IMSA Classic 24 Coming November 8 – 12 at Daytona
- Bad Breaks, err Brakes – 640,000+ Dodge Durango, Jeep Grand Cherokee SUVs Recalled for Brake Failures. Again.
- TSB Investigating Quebec Drone Crash with Passenger Aircraft
- WEC: Toyota Bests Porsche with One Two Finish at Fuji
- NAFTA Talks Stalled. Doomed?
- Brinks Trucks Not Going to the Bank. ATM Machines to Empty?
- BMW Group Sales of EVs Pass 10,000 in September 2017
- Unifor Workers Agree to Weak CAMI Deal from GM
- Deal in Ontario, Québec Class Actions against Ford. Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Repair Steps Taken in U.S., Mexico
- Drone Hits Passenger Skyjet Inbound for Quebec City
- Chinese Junk Recall – Martha Stewart Whiteware Cake Knife
- Auto Parts Maker Y-Tec Fires Workers for Unionizing
- Goodbye to American Sports Car Racer Bruce Leven
- Ford Dropping Car Business – Reallocating $7B in Capital
Tag Archives: FCA diesel emissions
The US Department of Justice (DOJ) for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) filed in May a civil complaint in federal court in Detroit, Michigan, against Fiat Chrysler alleging 104,000 light duty diesel vehicles with 3-liter liter EcoDiesel engines are equipped with software that defeat the emissions controls. Continue reading
In what looks to be a sequel the Volkswagen Dieselgate scandal, EPA is working in coordination with the California Air Resources Board (CARB), which has also issued a notice of violation to FCA. EPA and CARB have both initiated investigations based on FCA’s alleged actions. FCA could be liable for civil penalties and injunctive relief for the alleged violations. EPA is also investigating whether the auxiliary emission control devices constitute “defeat devices,” which are illegal. Continue reading