- Medical Marijuana’s Role in Easing the Opioid Epidemic?
- Groupe Renault Changes Execs – outsider Luca de Meo as CEO, Clotilde Delbos Deputy CEO
- MAMA Finalists for Family Vehicle of the Year Awards
- EU Passenger Car Registrations Barely Up in 2019
- Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet Series I – Best in Arizona Auction?
- Isuzu, Honda to Research on Fuel-Cell HD Trucks and Vehicles
- Genesis Launches Its First SUV – GV80
- Punch It Performance and Tuning to Stop Selling Illegal Devices to Defeat Emissions Controls
- Subaru America Recalls Exploding Takata Air Bag Inflators
- Land Rover, Mitsubishi Top 2020 Maker Website Ratings
- Ford Motor Declares $0.15 Dividend for Q1 2020
- Japanese Issue Arrest Warrant for Wife of Carlos Ghosn
- Uber and Hyundai Show Full-Scale Air Taxi at CES
- Electronic Sales Process – Power Acquires Trilogy Automotive
- Nissan Blasts Ghosn as Unfit to Serve as An Executive
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: fta
European automakers are protesting that EU-South Korea FTA one year later has resulted in massive increases for Korean exports of passenger cars, yet only relatively modest gains for the EU auto industry. The European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA) took the opportunity of the first anniversary of the Korean FTA coming on 1 July to draw attention to what it called an “unbalanced situation.” Continue reading
Obama Administration Submits Controversial FTAs to Congress. Largest Loss of Jobs since NAFTA Coming?
The AFL-CIO said the “The Korea agreement is the largest offshoring deal of its kind since NAFTA. If enacted, it likely will displace 159,000 U.S. jobs, mostly in manufacturing. And its glaring loopholes would allow unscrupulous businesses to import illegally labeled goods from China and possibly even from sweatshops in North Korea—potentially without any tariffs at all.” Continue reading
It looks like the new vehicle retail sales for August will continue at a seasonally adjusted annualized rate (SAAR) of a mere 9.9 million units since sales for August are projected at 898,000 units. The retail selling rate is just … Continue reading
Under current market conditions, this waiver will not balance the current €10.7 billion trade deficit in automobiles, according to the respected consultancy Frost & Sullivan. Continue reading