- NHTSA Imposes Engine Recalls, Penalties at Hyundai, Kia
- Toyota and Hino Heavy-Duty Fuel-Cell Electric Truck Verification Tests Start in the Spring of 2022
- CARB Alters and Adds Stationary Source Emissions Measurements to Improve Local Air Pollution and Health
- Trump Covid Casualties – State Sales Tax Collections Dive
- NHTSA Nixes GM Petition for Exclusion of Millions of Big Trucks and SUVs from Takata Airbag Recalls
- Grim Survey – a Nation of Broke and Broken Shopkeepers?
- Porsche Q3 in Black at €437 Million Because of VW
- Vijay Sankaran Rejects Information Officer Job at Ford
- GM’s Factory ZERO – First U.S. Plant to Install 5G
- GM Doubles Down on EVs in Bid to Win Global Race
- JLR to Use Irish Smart City Hub for Self-Driving Tests?
- Truck Wars – 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 470hp V8
- GMC 2021 Canyon AT4 Off-Road Performance Edition
- Plug&Charge Pay on Mustang Mach-E, Porsche Taycan
- Driver Phone Distraction During 41% of Daytime Trips
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: fuel prices
Rising fuel prices are having little effect on the type of vehicles U.S. buyers are considering. This latest research conundrum comes from consultancy AutoPacific, which claims that while drivers are complaining about fuel costs, the choice of a future vehicle appears decoupled from them. Continue reading
There are several problems with the imported oil numbers since oil is mostly imported as crude, an unrefined product, but is consumed as a refined product. In between there is refinery gain – yes, gain – whereby more comes out of the process of splitting heavier oils into lighter ones. Continue reading
Energy industry tax breaks will not however go away as a contentious political issue anytime soon with a soaring U.S. budget deficit that now requires borrowing 41 cents of every dollar spent, and gasoline prices at $4-$5 a gallon making voters angry. Continue reading
The U.S. average retail price of regular gasoline added more than 8 cents over the last week to tally $3.96 per gallon.
This is $1.07 per gallon higher than last year at this time and is the highest price in May since the U.S. Energy Information Agency began tracking weekly data in 1990 as if drivers need the federal government telling them what they are paying – painfully – at the pump. Continue reading
Pork Update – USDA and DOE Award $47 Million in Taxpayer Dollars for Biomass Research to Special Interests
U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack and U.S. Energy Secretary Steven Chu have announced that $47 million in taxpayer dollars will be diverted to fund eight research and development projects to support the production of biofuels, bioenergy and biobased products from … Continue reading
The U.S. average retail price of regular gasoline increased three and a half cents from last week to $3.88 per gallon, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
This is $1.03 per gallon higher than last year at this time and is the highest price in April since the Energy Information Administration began tracking weekly data in 1990. Continue reading
It’s a bad strategy, particularly if you run out of gas and get stranded. Here your problems and expenses might just be beginning as costly repair bills can ensue. Continue reading
AAA has a new Apple iPhone app that it says can save time comparing gasoline prices. The so called AAA TripTik Mobile feature is said to be the first app to offer access to frequently updated gasoline prices. Continue reading