- GM Offers Three New 350 Service Engines
- A New LEAF – Nissan Takes Electricity to Pay for Parking
- Ford Motor Q2- Sales Drop -53%. Debt Grows $10B
- Lordstown and Lithium. A New GM Constellation is Rising
- GM Loses $800 Million in Covid Q2. NA Sales Drop -62%
- Don’t Hold Your Breathe Waiting for the New Hummer EV
- Snapshot – The Trump Economic Depression
- COVID-19 Auto Related Closings, Openings, Closings
- Vehicle Love is Blind in Latest APEAL Study
- Daimler Reports Ugly Q2 2020 Results as Sales Drop -34%
- Census Bureau: Millions of Americans Who Get Health Coverage from Employers Could Lose It During COVID-19
- MIT Research: Widespread Autonomous Driving is at Least One Decade Away. Maybe More.
- Porsche Global Sales Drop -12% at 116,964 Through June
- Ford Motor – Three More Safety Recalls in N.A.
- Bye Bye FCA and PSA. Hello Stellantis
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: global light vehicle sales
March Global Light Vehicle Sales Plunge. Prelude to Rest of the 2020 Year or the Trend for Years After?
Almost all major vehicles markets suffered steep year-over-year declines in March. The beginning of a downward spiral of unknown duration, according to consultancy LMC with 2020 dropping to 71 million units compared to, gulp, 90 million in 2019 Continue reading
The slight nudge up came from an easing in YoY losses in China, and an improved selling rate in the USA. Consultancy LMC notes that Western Europe had a “disappointing month, while the Japanese, Korean and South American markets all continued to struggle in YoY terms.” Continue reading
Led by the Chinese market, the world’s largest, global vehicle sales again were at a record pace during the month of November. Preliminary results for show the light vehicle market soared to a new record of more than 86 million units a year. Continue reading
The global auto market during October is running at a record rate of close to 85 million light vehicles a year. China as usual is at the forefront of the increase with a historically strong selling rate of 22.4 million annually. Sales are also increasing in other markets, with West European demand slowly moving upwards while Brazilian and Japanese sales were astrong. Continue reading