- Nissan Shareholders Elect 7 Independent Directors Out of 11
- BMW Group Power BEV – A Regulation Forced Car
- IndyCar – Honda Powered Rossi Dominates Road America
- Ford and Austin Launch Mobility Challenge Program
- Giant Porsche Recall for Unintentional Rollaways
- Roadkill Nights – Drag Racing Back on Woodward Avenue
- Walmart Guilty of Violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- UAW Post Chattanooga Loss Calls for Labor Law Reviews
- Renault, Nissan Ink Deal with Waymo on Driverless Mobility
- Trade Wars: Commerce Finds Dumping, Countervailable Subsidies of Chinese and Thailand Propane Cylinders
- EU Passenger Car Sales off -2.1% Through May 2019
- FAA Issues Waiver for Drones with Parachutes, New Supersonic Rulemaking, 737 Max Modifications Still Stalled
- LMP1 Repeat – Toyota Second Straight Win at Le Mans
- Aston Martin On GTE Pole, Ford 2nd, Corvette 3rd at Le Mans
- Ford Recalls 1.2M Explorer Models and Others for Defects
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: gm global product development
“ATS enters the biggest market segment in the global luxury car industry, both in terms of volume and importance,” said Barra.
No kidding. ATS better be good when it appears next fall.
But when I asked what GM consultant Bob Lutz was doing these days, Barra said she was trading e-mails with him about getting Lutz to drive a new Chevy Sonic, which has been on sale globally for a couple of years. While Barra called Lutz an “automotive rock star,” there was no hint in her brief response that she was spending any time with Lutz. Continue reading
General Motors Appoints Mary Barra, a GM Human Resources Executive, to Head Global Product Development
General Motors today named Mary Barra, 49, senior vice president, Global Product Development, to lead the design, engineering, program management and quality of vehicles for GM’s 11 brands around the world.
Barra comes to the high visibility position once occupied by formidable car guys, including Tom Stephens and Bob Lutz from her position as vice president, Global Human Resources. Prior to this appointment, Barra had been vice president, Global Human Resources since 2009. Both Lutz and Stephens carried the title of vice chairman, so Barra’s job has been downgraded in the latest GM reorganization. Continue reading