- Toyota Plating Machine Significantly Reduces CO2
- Covid Coupon – Carryover Pricing on 2021 Corvette
- COVID-19 Auto Related Closings, Openings, Closings
- Uber to Acquire Postmates, Cornershop Closing in Days
- Toyota Recalls 266k More Prius Models for Stalling
- Xpeng Now Delivering P7 Intelligent EV Sports Sedan
- BMW Motorrad Expands Rent-A-Ride
- 4 July 2020 – We Hold These Truths to be Self-Evident
- Chinese Junk Watch – Cub Scout Pins Recalled for Lead
- New Fiat 500 Debuts at the Quirinale and Palazzo Chigi
- Q2 US Sales Snippets and Notes
- GM Reports Q2 US Sales at -34% Year-over-Year
- Ford, Wayne State University and ACCESS Coalition Expand Mobile COVID-19 Testing
- The Confederate Flag, Conservative Politics and NASCAR
- COVID Casualty – Woodward Dream Cruise
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: gm pd
“ATS enters the biggest market segment in the global luxury car industry, both in terms of volume and importance,” said Barra.
No kidding. ATS better be good when it appears next fall.
But when I asked what GM consultant Bob Lutz was doing these days, Barra said she was trading e-mails with him about getting Lutz to drive a new Chevy Sonic, which has been on sale globally for a couple of years. While Barra called Lutz an “automotive rock star,” there was no hint in her brief response that she was spending any time with Lutz. Continue reading
General Motors Appoints Mary Barra, a GM Human Resources Executive, to Head Global Product Development
General Motors today named Mary Barra, 49, senior vice president, Global Product Development, to lead the design, engineering, program management and quality of vehicles for GM’s 11 brands around the world.
Barra comes to the high visibility position once occupied by formidable car guys, including Tom Stephens and Bob Lutz from her position as vice president, Global Human Resources. Prior to this appointment, Barra had been vice president, Global Human Resources since 2009. Both Lutz and Stephens carried the title of vice chairman, so Barra’s job has been downgraded in the latest GM reorganization. Continue reading