- Two New Safety Recalls at Ford Motor – F-Series and Explorer
- Chicago Auto Show – February 2020
- Thanksgiving 2019 – We Celebrate Our 399th Annual Feast
- GM Recalls More than 500k Pickup Trucks for Possible Burning Cloth Carpet After Seat Belt Pretensioners Activate
- Mercedes-Benz Recalls ‘Confused, Lost’ Emergency Call System
- First Electric Lexus Ever Debuts in China Today
- Fasten Your Seat Belt – General Motors Files RICO Lawsuit Against Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Continental, 3M to Develop Intelligent Infrastructure Technology
- GM and Isuzu Diesel JV Coming at New Ohio Plant
- 2021 Lexus LC 500 Convertible Global Debut in Los Angeles
- Porsche Taycan 4S, Macan Turbo, 99X Electric at Los Angeles
- Pew Research Center on Americans’ Views About Privacy, Surveillance and Data-Sharing
- Audi Debuts 2020 e-tron Sportback, all-new RS, S models at Los Angeles Auto Show
- All-Electric Ford Mach-E ‘SUV’ Debuts in 2020
- Volkswagen Group Debuts Investment Plan for 2020-2024
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: gm pd
“ATS enters the biggest market segment in the global luxury car industry, both in terms of volume and importance,” said Barra.
No kidding. ATS better be good when it appears next fall.
But when I asked what GM consultant Bob Lutz was doing these days, Barra said she was trading e-mails with him about getting Lutz to drive a new Chevy Sonic, which has been on sale globally for a couple of years. While Barra called Lutz an “automotive rock star,” there was no hint in her brief response that she was spending any time with Lutz. Continue reading
General Motors Appoints Mary Barra, a GM Human Resources Executive, to Head Global Product Development
General Motors today named Mary Barra, 49, senior vice president, Global Product Development, to lead the design, engineering, program management and quality of vehicles for GM’s 11 brands around the world.
Barra comes to the high visibility position once occupied by formidable car guys, including Tom Stephens and Bob Lutz from her position as vice president, Global Human Resources. Prior to this appointment, Barra had been vice president, Global Human Resources since 2009. Both Lutz and Stephens carried the title of vice chairman, so Barra’s job has been downgraded in the latest GM reorganization. Continue reading