- July Global Vehicles Sales Drop More Than 3M
- Carvana Launches First Vending Machine in California
- Aston Martin Automotive Galleries and Lairs
- All-New 2020 NASCAR Xfinity Series Mustang Unveiled
- EV Charging Stations Surpass Fuel Stations in UK
- 2020 Corvette Stingray Starts Production Late This Year
- Ford Expands Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Seat Belt Recalls
- FCA Q2 Earnings – Net profit at €0.8B. Trouble Ahead?
- MINI celebrates 60 years at the 2019 Monterey Car Week
- Eaton Links with KPIT on Electrified Mobility Technologies
- Ford Motor Q2 – Sales, Share, Net Income, EPS All down
- Shelby GT350R Now Shares GT500 Chassis Technology
- Michigan Drivers Dominate Drag Racing at Roadkill Nights
- Lidar for Robotic Apps – Velodyne Puck 32MR
- Mulliner Completely Re-Creates 1939 Bentley Corniche
News from PR Newswire
- Volkswagen and Ford Announce Alliance Without Cross Equity on
- Volkswagen Joins Ford by Investing in Argo AI on
- Ford Shelby GT500 to Offer 650 Horsepower Production V8 on
- Center for Auto Safety, Consumer Watchdog Again Push FTC, State Attorneys General to Probe Tesla After Autopilot Death on
- California, Automakers Defying Trump Agree on Emissions on
Tag Archives: gm pd
“ATS enters the biggest market segment in the global luxury car industry, both in terms of volume and importance,” said Barra.
No kidding. ATS better be good when it appears next fall.
But when I asked what GM consultant Bob Lutz was doing these days, Barra said she was trading e-mails with him about getting Lutz to drive a new Chevy Sonic, which has been on sale globally for a couple of years. While Barra called Lutz an “automotive rock star,” there was no hint in her brief response that she was spending any time with Lutz. Continue reading
General Motors Appoints Mary Barra, a GM Human Resources Executive, to Head Global Product Development
General Motors today named Mary Barra, 49, senior vice president, Global Product Development, to lead the design, engineering, program management and quality of vehicles for GM’s 11 brands around the world.
Barra comes to the high visibility position once occupied by formidable car guys, including Tom Stephens and Bob Lutz from her position as vice president, Global Human Resources. Prior to this appointment, Barra had been vice president, Global Human Resources since 2009. Both Lutz and Stephens carried the title of vice chairman, so Barra’s job has been downgraded in the latest GM reorganization. Continue reading