- IMSA: Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix Canceled for 2020
- German Tax Payer Funded Driverless Vehicle Testing Shows Need for Complex, Expensive Redundant Systems.
- NASCAR Finish Line Tweaked with E-Racing as COVID Thrives
- US Trade Deficit $39.9 Billion in February
- NASCAR Delays NextGen Car Until 2022. So Far
- GM and Honda to Jointly Develop Honda Electric Vehicles
- Recapturing Lease Customers Critical J.D. Power Finds
- Only 34% of Jobs in US Can Be Done Remotely
- Volkswagen of America’s Q1 Sales Drop -13%. March Off -42%
- UAW Pressure: Ford Further Postpones NA Production Restart
- FCA US Reports Q1 Sales Drop -10%
- GM First-Quarter U.S. Sales Drop -7% to 618,335
- Data Point: 2020 Census Paid Temporary Workers Released
- COVID-19 Disrupts the Mobility Industry
- Jeep Renegade and Compass 4xe Ready for Euro Orders
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: kia recall
If the so called clock spring contact assembly becomes damaged, the driver’s air bag electrical circuit will have high resistance condition, which will cause the “AIR BAG” warning lamp on the instrument panel to illuminate. It’s possible the resistance would prevent the air bag from inflating in an accident. Continue reading
A Kia recall is now active for model year 2007-2008 Sorento passenger cars manufactured from June 15, 2006 through November 27, 2007. The safety recall is prompted by a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) analysis that showed complaints about the passenger side airbag were higher than those of other vehicles. The Korean maker Kia disagreed, but has recalled the Sorento to prevent a dispute with NHTSA and it obvious negative effects on its quality image.
In the first recall, almost 60,000 Spectra cars from model years 2004-2007 are being recalled because of corrosion, which can lead to the fuel tank to fall and contact the road.
The second recall was promoted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) investigation into the sudden loss of power on 2011 Sorento 2wd vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions and 2.4-liter engines, when the intermediate driveshaft failed. Continue reading
If the driver leaves the vehicle without engaging the parking brake, there is a possibility that the vehicle can roll creating the risk of a crash. Continue reading
Kia is recalling all 2011 Sorento models built at a Kia plant in Alabama because defective rear brake calipers can leak and diminish braking performance. Drivers of the affected 2011 Sorento models should see a brake warning light come on and feel a soft pedal if the Sorento’s brakes are leaking. Continue reading