- Politics of Racing – Aston Martin Balks at Valkyrie Program
- Aston Martin Valkyrie: Formula One Drivers Get First Laps
- EU Passenger Car Registrations Decline in January 2020
- First Glance – Czinger 1250 Horsepower 21C Hypercar
- U.S. Sales in 2020 – SUVs Will Govern a Down Market?
- Grand Touring? Bentley Mulliner Bacalar to Debut at Geneva
- Ford Rear Toe-Links Fracture from Driving
- Data Retrieval Via a Universal Onboard Diagnostic Adapter
- Silverado, Sierra Software Recalled for Botched Older Recall
- Kroger Camaro On Pole for Daytona 500
- Ford Motor Changes Top Exec Roles Again
- Midwest Automotive Media Pick 2020 Kia Telluride and Lincoln Aviator as Family and Luxury Vehicles of the Year
- Carryover 2020 Nissan Frontier Has Next Gen Engine and Trans
- Oscar Winner Regina King in New Cadillac ‘Make Your Way’ Ad
- Chicago Auto Show to Open Its 112th Edition
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: lexus recall
Toyota Settles Lawsuits for $1.1 Billion and Will Modify Millions of Vehicles with Electronically Controlled Gas Pedals to Stop Runaways
In an engineering lapse of monumental consequences that included several deaths, the computer programming on affected vehicles when confronted with both brake and accelerator inputs did not favor the brake input for its electronic engine controls. Such over-ride software is in widespread use at other automakers. Continue reading
The latest Lexus floor mat recall is the result of ongoing complaints filed by owners on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website. It took another NHTSA inquiry to Toyota back in May to prompt Toyota to action. With virtually instant feedback available at the world’s largest auto safety agency, automakers are increasingly under pressure to fix defects and institute recalls within five business days. NHTSA confirmed this summary in a statement that said in part, “NHTSA requested that Toyota conduct an immediate recall of model year 2010 Lexus RX 350 and RX 450 H vehicles for a serious safety issue involving potential pedal entrapment by the floor mat.” So NHTSA asked Toyota once again to conduct a recall. NHTSA is also requesting additional documentation from Toyota and is considering opening another investigation into whether Toyota met its obligation to notify the agency and conduct a recall in a timely manner.
The ongoing computerization of vehicle systems has caused safety recalls at GM and Toyota. In the latest round of software malfunctions, brand new 2013 model Chevrolet Malibu cars can blow up the roof rail airbag for no reason or prevent the air bags from going off in a severe accident. Toyota’s Lexus luxury division is recalling its 2013 model GS performance sedans because a sensor can cause the steering wheel to be wildly out of place to where the front wheels are actually pointed. Continue reading
Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A. today announced a safety recall of approximately 245,000 Lexus models because a leaking fuel pressure sensor that could cause a fire.
Toyota Motor Corporation is also conducting a larger recall outside the U.S. for a similar safety defect involving 1.3 million vehicles to fix a different fuel delivery pipe and a high pressure fuel pump check valve. TMC’s recall announcement does not involve vehicles sold in North America. Continue reading