- J.D. Power Completes ALG Acquisition
- Mazda to Buy Out Sumitomo from MMVO, a JV Plant in Mexico
- NHTSA Imposes Engine Recalls, Penalties at Hyundai, Kia
- Toyota and Hino Heavy-Duty Fuel-Cell Electric Truck Verification Tests Start in the Spring of 2022
- CARB Alters and Adds Stationary Source Emissions Measurements to Improve Local Air Pollution and Health
- Trump Covid Casualties – State Sales Tax Collections Dive
- NHTSA Nixes GM Petition for Exclusion of Millions of Big Trucks and SUVs from Takata Airbag Recalls
- Grim Survey – a Nation of Broke and Broken Shopkeepers?
- Porsche Q3 in Black at €437 Million Because of VW
- Vijay Sankaran Rejects Information Officer Job at Ford
- GM’s Factory ZERO – First U.S. Plant to Install 5G
- GM Doubles Down on EVs in Bid to Win Global Race
- JLR to Use Irish Smart City Hub for Self-Driving Tests?
- Truck Wars – 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 470hp V8
- GMC 2021 Canyon AT4 Off-Road Performance Edition
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: mit
MIT, Stanford and Toyota Research Institute Use AI to Predict Useful Life of Batteries.They lasted from 150 to 2300 cycles.
After the researchers trained their machine learning model with a few hundred million data points, the algorithm predicted how many more cycles each battery would last, based on voltage declines and a few other factors among the early cycles. The predictions were within 9% of the actual cycle life. Separately, the algorithm categorized batteries as either long or short life expectancy based on just the first five charge/discharge cycles. Here, the predictions were correct 95% of the time. Continue reading
Borrowers appear to set targets for their monthly payment on rounded amounts like $200, $300, and $400, rather than choosing the most cost-efficient payments. When borrowers are offered cheaper loan terms, they are more likely to take out larger loans rather than pocket the savings. Continue reading
OnStar is looking for new in-vehicle voice-enabled applications through a contest at five U.S. universities.
The growing telematics subsidiary of General Motors is a leader in the controversial area of in-vehicle electronics OnStar is interested in working with students who are studying voice application development. The voice platform allows OnStar to provide more connectivity to subscribers.
This also might enable more distracted driving accidents, currently responsible for 6,000 deaths and more than 500,000 serious injuries each year, according to the latest National Highway Traffic Safety Administration statistics. A total of 33,808 people lost their lives in motor vehicle crashes in 2009. Another 2.22 million people were injured. Continue reading