- Chinese CATL and Honda Alliance to Make EV Batteries, Technology and Maybe Autonomous Vehicles
- Toyota Plating Machine Significantly Reduces CO2
- Covid Coupon – Carryover Pricing on 2021 Corvette
- COVID-19 Auto Related Closings, Openings, Closings
- Uber to Acquire Postmates, Cornershop Closing in Days
- Toyota Recalls 266k More Prius Models for Stalling
- Xpeng Now Delivering P7 Intelligent EV Sports Sedan
- BMW Motorrad Expands Rent-A-Ride
- 4 July 2020 – We Hold These Truths to be Self-Evident
- Chinese Junk Watch – Cub Scout Pins Recalled for Lead
- New Fiat 500 Debuts at the Quirinale and Palazzo Chigi
- Q2 US Sales Snippets and Notes
- GM Reports Q2 US Sales at -34% Year-over-Year
- Ford, Wayne State University and ACCESS Coalition Expand Mobile COVID-19 Testing
- The Confederate Flag, Conservative Politics and NASCAR
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: mit
MIT, Stanford and Toyota Research Institute Use AI to Predict Useful Life of Batteries.They lasted from 150 to 2300 cycles.
After the researchers trained their machine learning model with a few hundred million data points, the algorithm predicted how many more cycles each battery would last, based on voltage declines and a few other factors among the early cycles. The predictions were within 9% of the actual cycle life. Separately, the algorithm categorized batteries as either long or short life expectancy based on just the first five charge/discharge cycles. Here, the predictions were correct 95% of the time. Continue reading
Borrowers appear to set targets for their monthly payment on rounded amounts like $200, $300, and $400, rather than choosing the most cost-efficient payments. When borrowers are offered cheaper loan terms, they are more likely to take out larger loans rather than pocket the savings. Continue reading
OnStar is looking for new in-vehicle voice-enabled applications through a contest at five U.S. universities.
The growing telematics subsidiary of General Motors is a leader in the controversial area of in-vehicle electronics OnStar is interested in working with students who are studying voice application development. The voice platform allows OnStar to provide more connectivity to subscribers.
This also might enable more distracted driving accidents, currently responsible for 6,000 deaths and more than 500,000 serious injuries each year, according to the latest National Highway Traffic Safety Administration statistics. A total of 33,808 people lost their lives in motor vehicle crashes in 2009. Another 2.22 million people were injured. Continue reading