- First Ford Performance Off-Road Leveling Kits
- GM Strike Gets Nasty as it Cancels UAW Healthcare Plan
- UAW Strike Cost at GM Builds Substantially with Duration
- Sonic Financial Takes Over Speedway Motorsports
- Teamsters to Honor Picket Lines of 50,000 UAW GM Workers
- General Motors Offers UAW $7 Billion in U.S. Investments, an $8000 “Signing Bonus” or is that Bribe?
- UAW to Strike GM – Contract Talks Deadlocked
- August Global Light Vehicle Sales Drop -3.9%
- Ford Recalls 311,907 Explorer SUVs for Dangerous Seat Frames
- GM Finally Recalls 3,456,111 SUVS, Pickups for Bad Brakes
- Electric Vehicle Charging Emissions – Good and Better?
- alice + olivia: The Rag Trade Meets a VW Rag Top
- Nissan CEO Hiroto Saikawa Forced Out Over Ghosn Matter
- Porsche Opens Zuffenhausen Factory for All-Electric Taycan
- Data Show GM Automated Safety Systems Prevent Crashes
News from PR Newswire
- Ford Shakes up European and International Markets as CFO Shanks Retires. Restructuring Continues as Stock Languishes on
- Caught Testing – the Revised 2014 Cadillac CTS? on
- Future Mustang and Lincoln Coupe? on
- Car Spy Jim Dunne Catches Revised Lincoln MKS or MKZ? on
- New 2014 Lincoln Compact SUV Caught by Jim Dunne on
Tag Archives: performance cars
Still working its muscle car roots, the Mopar 300 has a 363 horsepower (hum the Charger was 370?) 5.7-liter Hemi V8 engine and a now dated five-speed automatic transmission. A change from a 3.06:1 to a 3.91:1 final-drive means zero-to-60 mph times in the low 5-second range, according to Chrysler, same as the Charger. Continue reading
Ford is boasting that the ultimate Ford Mustang – Shelby GT500 – will offer the highest horsepower production V8 when the new 2013 model goes on sale next year. The 5.8-liter V8 aluminum-block supercharged engine is claimed to be rated at 650 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful production V8 in the world. The 3,850-pound car also will be exempt from the gas-guzzler tax, a claim that awaits EPA certification. Continue reading
The Camaro pony car is capable of speeds up to 184 mph and can traverse the pavement from a rolling start to 60 mph in less than 4 seconds, according to Chevrolet. As such, the Camaro ZL1 coupe presents strong competition not only for the performance versions of the Shelby Mustang, GT 500, but also the Cadillac CTS-V coupe (rated at 556 horsepower or 415 kW), which makes the coupe just as fast, arguably roomier and starts at $64,090. For the record, Camaro has consistently outsold the Mustang since its introduction Continue reading
The first 2012 Camaro ZL1 offered to the public sold for $250,000 at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Las Vegas last Saturday evening. The car was offered by Fairway Chevrolet-Buick-GMC in Las Vegas, with 100% of the auction proceeds benefitting the YMCA of Southern Nevada.
Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports and chairman of Hendrick Automotive Group, placed the winning bid and is expected to take delivery of his new Camaro in the first quarter of 2012. Hendricks’s son, Greg, is the president of Fairway Chevrolet. Continue reading
Earlier, less powerful 2011 production Camaro models faced about a 300 pound weight disadvantage against the Mustang because of a larger size and more sophisticated independent rear suspension. Nonetheless, Camaro has been easily outselling the Mustang since production reached normal line speeds. Continue reading
Starting with basic seating position, drivers at home will have the opportunity to experience a series of “classroom sessions ” aimed at honing driver skills. At the conclusion of the video series, viewers will have a basic understanding of the ‘race craft’ techniques used by professional drivers. Continue reading
Chrysler Group’s Mopar Division today confirmed it will launch a limited-edition Dodge Charger with high-performance parts and appearance items from the Mopar parts catalog. As AutoInformed reported earlier, the Mopar Charger builds on the success of last year’s Mopar Challenger. Continue reading
2012 Camaro ZL1 Coupe Debuts with 550 Horsepower; and Technology Rivaling Corvette and Cadillac at $50,000?
The 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 debuted today at the Chicago Auto Show. It will be without doubt the highest-performing Camaro, and Chevrolet claims that ZL1 is the most technically advanced car ever developed in its class.