- MIT, Stanford and Toyota Research Institute Use AI to Predict Useful Life of Batteries.They lasted from 150 to 2300 cycles.
- BMW i Ventures Announces Investment in Zūm
- Ford Shakes up European and International Markets as CFO Shanks Retires. Restructuring Continues as Stock Languishes
- Record Electric Car Sales in California. Taxpayers on the Hook
- Ford Introduces Black Appearance Package for Ranger
- About Face: GM to Add 400 Jobs for New Chevy Electric Vehicle after Critical Trump Tweets About Closing Lordstown
- Ghosn Fallout – Nissan Changes American Senior Management
- 1,700 workers strike at Hankook Tire in Hungary
- BMW And Tate Modern Unveil Major New Work by Anne Imhof
- How Many Doors does a Coupe Have?
- People Choose Low Loan Repayments and High Interest Rates
- Sebring Twelve Hours – Half the Daytona Race, 25% of the Rain
- Group Renault Starts Piloting Vehicle-to-Grid Charging
- Volkswagen forms European Battery Union with Northvolt
- Michigan to Make First AVs, but Loses Ford Transit to Mexico
News from PR Newswire
- Midwest Automotive Media Association Family Vehicles of Year on
- California Cars and Global Warming: CRC, Kraft-Heinz and Mothers Pay $1.4 Million For Violating Air Quality Rules on
- Ford Invests $1 Billion in Chicago Plants for Explorer, Police Interceptor, Lincoln Aviator on
- Cabrera Rides in Corvette at NAIAS after Disastrous 2018 on
- Unifor Inteva Canadian Plant Walks Out Against GM on
Tag Archives: performance cars
Still working its muscle car roots, the Mopar 300 has a 363 horsepower (hum the Charger was 370?) 5.7-liter Hemi V8 engine and a now dated five-speed automatic transmission. A change from a 3.06:1 to a 3.91:1 final-drive means zero-to-60 mph times in the low 5-second range, according to Chrysler, same as the Charger. Continue reading
Ford is boasting that the ultimate Ford Mustang – Shelby GT500 – will offer the highest horsepower production V8 when the new 2013 model goes on sale next year. The 5.8-liter V8 aluminum-block supercharged engine is claimed to be rated at 650 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful production V8 in the world. The 3,850-pound car also will be exempt from the gas-guzzler tax, a claim that awaits EPA certification. Continue reading
The Camaro pony car is capable of speeds up to 184 mph and can traverse the pavement from a rolling start to 60 mph in less than 4 seconds, according to Chevrolet. As such, the Camaro ZL1 coupe presents strong competition not only for the performance versions of the Shelby Mustang, GT 500, but also the Cadillac CTS-V coupe (rated at 556 horsepower or 415 kW), which makes the coupe just as fast, arguably roomier and starts at $64,090. For the record, Camaro has consistently outsold the Mustang since its introduction Continue reading
The first 2012 Camaro ZL1 offered to the public sold for $250,000 at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Las Vegas last Saturday evening. The car was offered by Fairway Chevrolet-Buick-GMC in Las Vegas, with 100% of the auction proceeds benefitting the YMCA of Southern Nevada.
Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports and chairman of Hendrick Automotive Group, placed the winning bid and is expected to take delivery of his new Camaro in the first quarter of 2012. Hendricks’s son, Greg, is the president of Fairway Chevrolet. Continue reading
Earlier, less powerful 2011 production Camaro models faced about a 300 pound weight disadvantage against the Mustang because of a larger size and more sophisticated independent rear suspension. Nonetheless, Camaro has been easily outselling the Mustang since production reached normal line speeds. Continue reading
Starting with basic seating position, drivers at home will have the opportunity to experience a series of “classroom sessions ” aimed at honing driver skills. At the conclusion of the video series, viewers will have a basic understanding of the ‘race craft’ techniques used by professional drivers. Continue reading
Chrysler Group’s Mopar Division today confirmed it will launch a limited-edition Dodge Charger with high-performance parts and appearance items from the Mopar parts catalog. As AutoInformed reported earlier, the Mopar Charger builds on the success of last year’s Mopar Challenger. Continue reading
2012 Camaro ZL1 Coupe Debuts with 550 Horsepower; and Technology Rivaling Corvette and Cadillac at $50,000?
The 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 debuted today at the Chicago Auto Show. It will be without doubt the highest-performing Camaro, and Chevrolet claims that ZL1 is the most technically advanced car ever developed in its class.