- Diesel Truck Brokers Busted in California
- Chinese Currents – Buick Enspire All-Electric Concept
- Genesis Launches G70 Sedan in Russia
- 50 Mayors, 11 States to Defend +50 MPG CAFE Standard
- Shift Indicators Bad on Ford F-Series, Lincolns, Mustangs
- Non-Independence Day as EPA Prepares to Scuttle CAFE
- U.S. March Sales – Light Trucks Up, Cars Down Again
- Monthly Sales Reports Die as GM Shifts to Quarterly Updates
- Nero Edizione Package for Giulia and Stelvio SUV
- Republicans Starting to Like Putin. Treason over Patriotism?
- US Tariffs At or Near Lowest Levels Ever
- Ford Proxy – Shareholders Want Political Spending Info
- Bedfellow Alert! Toyota and Suzuki in India
- Laws Mandating DUI Interlocks Save Lives
- Mahindra, Ford to Co-Develop SUVs, EV, Connected Car Blends
Tag Archives: pony cars
This gets into a murky automotive marketing claims… Continue reading
Pro wrestler Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson introduced the new freshened Ford Mustang in Los Angeles today. Continue reading
The 2015 Ford Mustang continues the current look with what’s said to be an all-new platform for the original pony car, but to the casual observer the Mustang will appear as a nice freshening with a new grille and taillights grafted onto the current car. Continue reading
Jim Dunne caught a look at what Ford Motor is working on for the 2015 model year Mustang, which he opines will have an independent rear suspension. At least that’s the impression he got from viewing this rear view of a Ford Mustang test vehicle. Taillights, upper panels and the license plate mount are the same as current Mustangs, so why cut out the lowest panel? Continue reading
The Camaro pony car is capable of speeds up to 184 mph and can traverse the pavement from a rolling start to 60 mph in less than 4 seconds, according to Chevrolet. As such, the Camaro ZL1 coupe presents strong competition not only for the performance versions of the Shelby Mustang, GT 500, but also the Cadillac CTS-V coupe (rated at 556 horsepower or 415 kW), which makes the coupe just as fast, arguably roomier and starts at $64,090. For the record, Camaro has consistently outsold the Mustang since its introduction Continue reading
The first 2012 Camaro ZL1 offered to the public sold for $250,000 at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Las Vegas last Saturday evening. The car was offered by Fairway Chevrolet-Buick-GMC in Las Vegas, with 100% of the auction proceeds benefitting the YMCA of Southern Nevada.
Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports and chairman of Hendrick Automotive Group, placed the winning bid and is expected to take delivery of his new Camaro in the first quarter of 2012. Hendricks’s son, Greg, is the president of Fairway Chevrolet. Continue reading
Earlier, less powerful 2011 production Camaro models faced about a 300 pound weight disadvantage against the Mustang because of a larger size and more sophisticated independent rear suspension. Nonetheless, Camaro has been easily outselling the Mustang since production reached normal line speeds. Continue reading
Revised 2012 Chevrolet Camaro Debuts this Summer Led by 45th Anniversary Edition and Ultra Performance ZL1 model
Here comes yet another Camaro anniversary edition – the 45th birthday model, which arrives this summer as a special package building on numerous 2012 Camaro improvements, including a more powerful 3.6-liter V6 engine and a new FE4 suspension package for SS coupes. Continue reading
2012 Camaro ZL1 Coupe Debuts with 550 Horsepower; and Technology Rivaling Corvette and Cadillac at $50,000?
The 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 debuted today at the Chicago Auto Show. It will be without doubt the highest-performing Camaro, and Chevrolet claims that ZL1 is the most technically advanced car ever developed in its class.