- Whether US Vehicle Sales in 2021? Is 14 Million a Stretch?
- J.D. Power Completes ALG Acquisition
- Mazda to Buy Out Sumitomo from MMVO, a JV Plant in Mexico
- NHTSA Imposes Engine Recalls, Penalties at Hyundai, Kia
- Toyota and Hino Heavy-Duty Fuel-Cell Electric Truck Verification Tests Start in the Spring of 2022
- CARB Alters and Adds Stationary Source Emissions Measurements to Improve Local Air Pollution and Health
- Trump Covid Casualties – State Sales Tax Collections Dive
- NHTSA Nixes GM Petition for Exclusion of Millions of Big Trucks and SUVs from Takata Airbag Recalls
- Grim Survey – a Nation of Broke and Broken Shopkeepers?
- Porsche Q3 in Black at €437 Million Because of VW
- Vijay Sankaran Rejects Information Officer Job at Ford
- GM’s Factory ZERO – First U.S. Plant to Install 5G
- GM Doubles Down on EVs in Bid to Win Global Race
- JLR to Use Irish Smart City Hub for Self-Driving Tests?
- Truck Wars – 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 470hp V8
News from PR Newswire
Tag Archives: visteon
After this sale, ACH or Automotive Components Holdings will have only one remaining operation – the climate control business at its Sheldon Road plant in Plymouth Township, Mich. ACH was formed by Ford in 2005 to sell or close 23 former Visteon plants. Continue reading
ACH was formed in 2005 to sell or close 23 former Visteon plants. The sale of the Saline, Michigan plant is expected to close in June. Nearly all of the 2,100 mostly UAW employees at the business have been offered employment, Ford said in a statement. Continue reading
How you view this depends on what you think of the role of government should be – if any- in nurturing the U.S. economy and promoting energy independence, among other thorny issues. Herewith, two, admittedly simplified interpretations:
– a needed correction after the ‘green jobs’ that were supposed to be established by such subsidies were revealed as just the latest lies from politicians;
– simply the squealing of corporate pigs when feeding at the taxpayer trough was stopped
And there remains another real issue about whether there is much – if any – thinking behind the proper role of vast government subsidies, but don’t look for that debate in the sound-bite campaign now under way. Continue reading
The Ford UAW agreement is based of Ford’s promise to add another 5,750 new jobs and invest what’s said to be $16 billion to produce new models and revised vehicles and components by 2015. About $6.3 billion will be invested directly into retooling U.S. plants.
Ten years ago the there were more than 102,000 UAW jobs at Ford. Today there are 40,000. As is the current management practice in the ailing U.S. economy, the jobs claim includes so called “retained jobs,” as well as some new ones. Continue reading
UAW has Deal at Ford Pending Local Approvals. 5750 Jobs Added or Retained During Contract. Shared Prosperity Claimed
The tentative agreement is based of Ford’s promise to add another 5,750 new jobs and invest what’s said to be $16 billion to produce new models and upgraded vehicles and components by 2015, of which, $6.3 billion will be invested directly into retooling and upgrading plants. As is the current management practice in the ailing U.S. economy, the jobs claim includes so called retained jobs, as well as some new ones. All of this is contingent upon contract approval by local union members. Continue reading