Toyota Financial Services and Lexus Financial Services are introducing what is called an Excess Wear & Use (EWU) Protection Plan. The plan limits financial responsibility for items such as dings, dents, scratches, and missing parts or equipment when the lease expires and vehicle is turned in.
EWU simplifies the process with no claims forms to submit, no deductibles to pay and no reimbursements to request. EWU covers items that are beyond normal wear and tear, up to specified limits, including:
- Interior cuts, burns or stains
- Damage to tires, rims or hubcaps
- Broken or scratched windshield, window, mirrors or lights
- Damaged bumpers, body dents, dings or scratches
- Missing parts or equipment
“We want to help our customers avoid unexpected charges when they return their vehicle at lease-end and provide a hassle-free, customer-friendly claims process said Mike Groff, TFS/LFS Group Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Product Development.